A Ranma/Sailor-Moon crossover fan fiction

Started 20 November, 2008

Completed - pending

 

Last revised 20 November, 2008

Reason – first draft

 

Disclaimer: Ranma ½ and Sailor-Moon and all associated characters are the property of Rumiko Takahashi or Naoko Takeuchi and are used without permission. This fan-fiction isn't intended for commercial use but is rather a tribute to the Ranma ½ universe.

.o0o. .o0o. .o0o. .o0o.

Mirror Mates By Cloud Dreamer

.o0o. .o0o. .o0o. .o0o.

.o0o. .o0o. .o0o. .o0o.

Genma had managed to delay the full impact of puberty on Ranma by the judicious application of various pressure points over the years. However once they had moved to Nerima, Dr. Tofu had noticed these and gradually reversed them before he had moved on to another medical position. He had told Ranma about what he'd noticed and explained that releasing them all at once could cause a form of burn-out leaving him unable to ever mature.

The changes in Ranma had been rather substantial to those he allowed to notice. His attention span for topics other than martial arts had blossomed into a ravenous hunger for knowledge as his natural intelligence found other outlets than what it had been previously limited to.

Ranma had taken to vanishing in the afternoons and late evenings to read and study in the city library. He no longer slept in class but he also did not draw attention to the fact that he was actually learning the material either.

Ranma had been rather vicious whenever Genma had subtly tried to reinforce any of the pressure points that Tofu had explained to him. Four times Genma had ended up with a broken arm and other miscellaneous injuries before he had quit after belatedly realizing that Ranma was onto what he had been doing.

His self-righteous cry, "Boy! It's for the art; there must be no distractions," had earned him a particularly vicious beating that had left the older martial artist clutching his nether regions.

Ranma's snide parting comment of "At least I now understand how you could leave mom alone for 10 years, since you obviously aren't a man but a eunuch instead, just like you tried to force me to be."

About a month after Tofu had left, the last of the pressure points finally decayed due to the manipulations that he had done over the preceding eight months. Ranma had experienced some of the effects of finally growing up before this as Tofu had given him some warning; but it had been like a trickle over the dam before it finally burst. Ranma thought he could easily handle it when it had been a trickle, but now his (and her) hormones were in full flood and he had no experience on how to resolve the turmoil.

Ranma shuddered as the rush of hormones flooded his system again. He almost hated to change genders anymore. Each time he did, the different hormones would leave his body and mind quivering for a few moments.

Ranma weathered these hormonal storms for almost a half year after Tofu left before finally starting to come to grips with his options. In the long silences of the night over a period of almost a month, Ranma pondered and planned. He did nothing though as he was still unsure of the honorable course.

Then a dishonorable fight, an unjust punishment followed by abandonment spurred him to make a decision; a decision that took weeks to implement and only one night to finalize.

Ranma was alone in the furo. He was the only one in the house as the others had gone to the beach and left instructions that he was to repair the dojo as it was 'his fault' that Ryouga, Mousse, Shampoo, Ukyou and Akane had gotten into a fight about him and damaged it again. Ranma experimented several times, once in each gender ending up even more confused than at first.

Hours later Ranma, in girl form, gathered together the legal forms a free advocate for abused children had helped her prepare and the supporting evidence for the requested relief and made her way to the courthouse. It was time to make her own way in life.

Later that evening, Ranma was waylaid when she returned home.

"Worthless boy," shouted Genma, "you were supposed to repair the dojo, not go out. Where were you anyway? Out for the evening and without your fiancée; oh the shame, you must immediately marry to restore honor."

Genma paused as Ranma calmly walked past him without even a nod of acknowledgement. He started to attack her only to stop when he noticed the faint ki claws extending four inches from her knuckles. With a shiver he backed away.

"Ranma," hissed Akane, "so now you are betraying me in your female form. I hate you, you pervert." She swung for the fences with her trusty mallet only to stare dumbstruck for a moment as the mallet was blasted into nothing by a casual backhand by Ranma. Her confusion entered new levels when Ranma's fist was buried in her gut and she sailed through the door and into the shambles of the dojo.

"Feelings mutual," snarled Ranma.

Nabiki was in his face but before she could say anything, Ranma spun the mercenary girl around and tapped two spots on the back that paralyzed the nerves to her legs.

Stunned by this action, Nabiki was a bit apprehensive as Ranma leaned in to whisper, "The nerve points will last two days. Screw with me again and I'll make them permanent."

Ranma made her way up the stairs in the sudden silence. Hours later, Genma had finally managed to sooth his friend down. He glared at the new curtain that separated the guest room into two halves. He thrust open the curtain only to experience a world of hurt.

Two days later Genma was glaring once again at the curtain that separated his futon from Ranma's. He was wanting to discipline his child but hesitant to cross the barrier into Ranma's part of the guestroom. Severe beatings had made it plain that Ranma's privacy was no longer something casually violated. He shuddered as he recalled the first and last time that Akane had ignored the curtain and tossed water on Ranma. She had responded by tossing her out the window into the pond. Akane had not woken up Ranma since then.

.o0o. .o0o.

.o0o. .o0o.

Hours later Ranma, in girl form, gathered together the best of the camping gear that she, her father and the Tendou's had into a single nearly new backpack once owned by Nabiki.

The note she left behind was brief and to the point,

"Tendous;

I can't say it's been fun because it hasn't. Old man Tendou is not much better than a pimp, living off his girls as he does. He is a true disciple of his master. Akane is a bully. I feel sorry for whomever she marries because she will abuse him and maybe even kill him or their kids in a fit of rage. Of course it won't be her fault, at least according to her and her hypocritical eldest sister. Her self-imposed obliviousness is the reason Tofu finally gave up on her. Then there is Nabiki, she should be glad I left before I decided to cripple her permanently. Think about it Nabs, the only way you could do what you did to me was because of my honor. Someone else with my skills and your morals would have put you in a wheelchair for the rest of your life. It will probably happen sooner now that I am not there to protect you anymore.

Ranma, Grandmaster, 'Heart of Honor' school of martial arts."

Genma found another note in the guestroom.

"Saotomes,

Attached is legal notice that with the permission of the family courts, I have separated myself from the family and clan to which Genma and Nodoka Saotome belong. I am now a family of one, myself only in a brand new clan. By order of the court you will find that I am no longer responsible for any agreements that either of my former parents have made in my name for they no longer have a son.

You wonder why I did this? According to the legal definition, both of you are abusive parents. Pops criminal history made it almost easy but the clincher as far as the court's decision was the copy of the seppuku contract. Neither of you cared for me as a person and as a result, I find it easy to forget about you.

Ranma Misaki of clan Jusenkyo".

Genma sat there silently, feeling as if he had aged another twenty years. He slowly began to pack his belongings. It was time to go home. He didn't know if he'd survive but for the moment he didn't care much either.

Nabiki fumed as she studied the documents. They documented the transfer of almost all her secret accounts to Ranma and the government. Ranma's accompanying letter of explanation did little to help her nascent temper.

Nabs,

I acted as your 'agent' on 'your behalf' and took advantage of several government programs that offered amnesty for those who voluntarily identified previously unreported income and unpaid taxes. Of course it was necessary to first identify my share of the income but your extensive bookkeeping made that fairly easy for the government auditors to do. Thank you for making all that money for me, though I am glad that the auditors disallowed so many of the fees you attempted to charge me. I believe that they used words such as 'extortion' and 'racketeering' in describing them, but don't worry I convinced them to ignore all that in the settlement. Of course if you wish to appeal, well, they may reconsider that decision; up to you I guess.

Ranma Misaki of clan Jusenkyo"

Soun sat stunned in the living room. He could hear Kasumi in the kitchen softly crying, Ranma's words had hit her hard. The sounds of violence from the still damaged dojo told him where Akane was. His middle daughter was sitting at the table, a stunned look on her face as she perused a sheaf of legal documents she'd discovered in her room. The tears of frustration dripping down her face told him all he needed.

"Nabiki," he began.

"We're BROKE!" she almost screamed at him. He heard her sob under her breath, "Ranma took it all. He went to the cops and took it all. There is nothing I can do about it."

He sighed, for once not breaking into tears. "Daughter, it's my problem, not yours to deal with. Thank you for trying but I will take care of it."

As Genma came trudging down the stairs with his backpack, Soun addressed him, "Genma, be back here early in the morning. The two of us have to repair the dojo and plan out the lessons the two of us will be teaching from now on."

Genma paused then somberly nodded, "Yes old friend, I do owe you don't I. After I and Nodoka have settled things between us, I will return to help you assuming she allows me to keep my head."

Nabiki watched the exchange in disbelieve. She was too stunned to even respond when her father smiled faintly in her direction and said, "I will reopen the dojo after we have rebuilt it and then Genma and I will both teach there. I would be honored if you would consent to keep the books for me?"

Nabiki numbly nodded even as she wondered who this person was who looked like her father.

.o0o. .o0o. .o0o. .o0o.

Ranma had found a youth hostel on the outskirts of the Tokyo area opposite Nerima. He had a nice nest egg thanks to Nabiki but he wasn't wealthy by any means. Ranma studied the compact that he'd stolen from Nabiki once again before putting it away. He was lonely but not that lonely just yet.

He leaned back and began to study another of the scrolls he 'liberated' from his former father and Happosai. There were some very interesting ki/chi techniques that the two old farts had been holding out on him.

.o0o. .o0o. .o0o. .o0o.

Ranma sighed and leaned back as he finished the last exam to get his High School equivalency. He rubbed his head as he moaned to himself that it was only the beginning as the College Entrance Exams were next on his schedule in another six weeks.

Ranma re-read the three scrolls again. One of them described the formation of shadow/mirror clones and the clone defects that were common. Another described how to impart controls to enslave the clones before creating them or releasing them. The third described a technique that allowed accelerated learning. Ranma sighed and thought about it yet again.

Coming to a decision, Ranma focused his mind's eye inwards. He built an image of what it meant to be himself. The task did not go well and he failed the first few times he tried. After a long night's restless sleep as his mind insisted on second guessing his decision, Ranma was ready to try again. An hour later he opened his eyes to see his right hand glowing a pale blue. Ranma took a small knife and cut the tip of his index finger. He opened the compact slightly and thrust his finger inside the narrow opening. Ranma smeared his blood over half the mirror as he forced his ki out of the cut in his finger.

When the glow was gone, Ranma snapped the lid closed again. Sighing he splashed himself with a small glass of water he had set aside. Once again focusing inwardly, Ranma pulled up into his mind's eye, all that he considered important about being a female martial artist, herself. Because this concept was not as clearly formed as his male self concept and also because much of the two also had a lot in common such as his concepts of honor; 'herself' only took ten minutes to form. Ranma opened her eyes in wonder to see her left hand glowing a pale pink. Previous attempts at the exercise had done much to clarify Ranma's own self concept of being female. Ranma once again cut her finger and spread the ki energized blood over the remaining half of the mirror. She held it closed again and concentrated on the feeling of family and love. When her hands were both glowing a soft red, she opened the compact and shook it, releasing the two mirror clones captured within.

Ranma immediately noticed a few differences. The guy clone had ginger colored hair while the girl had dark hair, a sort of grayish black. Both of them studied Ranma, the flightiness shown in the past was gone. They smiled before rising to move next to her and sat down again but hugging her between them. "We're home," they both said softly.

Ranma's chest was tight as she looked between the two. "I'm Tenma," said the guy.

"I'm Kikuko," said the girl, "and we consider ourselves married to you. Me to Ranma and Tenma to Ranko."

"Bu . . . but," protested Ranko as the two began to caress her gently, carefully avoiding possessiveness

.o0o. .o0o. .o0o. .o0o.

.o0o. .o0o. .o0o. .o0o.

Author's note: Additional Ranma fan-fiction can be found on my Web Page.

C & C to cloud_dreamer2000@yahoo.com

.o0o. .o0o. .o0o. .o0o.